Welcome to Trinity Lutheran Church
As a congregation of believers who are a part of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America (ELCA).
Trinity Lutheran Church shows Christ’s light to the countryside. Our steeple can be seen for miles amidst the rolling hills west of Wausau near the intersection of 120th Avenue and Stettin Drive. Our people shine the love of Jesus in the ways they care for each other and for the community.
Worship has lively singing of both traditional and contemporary songs accompanied by organ, piano and often trumpet. You will hear God’s Word preached and celebrated weekly in the sermons, Bible Studies and the sacrament of Holy Communion. All ages and abilities are included in worship with regular children’s sermons, an elevator for accessibility, and the use of each person’s gifts. The Holy Spirit is alive here and in our daily lives!
In 2009 Trinity joined St Peter Lutheran Church to share a pastor. We also divide Lenten and special services between our locations. Keep checking our Events Page for time and location for special services. St Peter is located at 329 County Road A, Marathon, WI 54448 but that address was renamed 135237 County Road A by Marathon County in 2019. Phone: 715-845-3530.
Trinity Ev. Lutheran Church is located in the Town of Stettin at 1008 N 120th Avenue but that address was renamed 232220 N 120th Ave by Marathon County in 2019. County Road U can be taken to 120th Avenue, then ¾ mile south. Stettin Drive also can be taken to 120th Avenue, then ¼ mile north. Or take Hwy 29 West from Wausau to County Road O, then 2 1/2 miles north to Stettin Drive and turn West on Stettin Drive 1 mile to 120th Ave. From Hwy 29, East Marathon City exit go north on Highway 107, then 4 miles East on Stettin Drive to 120th Ave.
The church’s roots can be traced back to 1856, when German descendants in the town of Stettin began gathering in each other homes for worship services. The Evanelischen Lutherische Dreienigkeits Germeinde in the Town of Stettin was formally organized on March 2nd, 1862. The congregation was incorporated on September 26th, 1863 with the name Evangelical Lutheran Church of the Holy Trinity. A 48’ x 36’ frame building was erected in 1866. On New Year’s Day 1879, the church caught fire from a stove left unattended after the morning service. That same year, a new church was built and dedicated. A parsonage and schoolhouse were then constructed. In the early 1950’s the church was moved across the road and the constitution was rewritten in English.
The church’s official name was changed to Trinity Evangelical Lutheran Church in 1980. Several updates and renovations have been made over the years, including an entry, a new steeple, an elevator and a carport. Trinity has been very blessed over the years and looks forward to the years to come.