ABOUT US

Members of Trinity Lutheran work together on various committees and groups to serve the church.
Members and guests are invited to participate in at any time.

 

  • Our Mission

  •  
  • To share the unconditional love of our Lord Jesus Christ and to develop the gifts of His people for outreach into the community.


  •  
  • Our Service

  • We are a congregation of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America. 

    Trinity supports spiritual growth in all members through inspirational & energetic worship and adult & youth ministry.  The church encourages all members to share their many talents with the church, whether it be sharing musical talents, reading lessons, or serving on a committee.

    Communion is offered each Sunday.  All communing Christians are welcome to share in the Lord’s Supper with us.  Children not yet communing are invited to come forth and receive a blessing.

    It is handicapped accessible and welcomes visitors to all services and programs.


  •  
  • Our Parish

  • In 2009 Trinity joined St Peter Lutheran Church to share a pastor. We also divide Lenten and special services between our locations. Keep checking our calendar for time and location for special services. St Peter is located at 329 County Road A, Marathon, WI 54448. Phone: 715-845-3530.

  •  
  • Our Location

  • Trinity Ev. Lutheran Church is located in the Town of Stettin at 1008 N 120th Avenue. County Road U can be taken to 120th Avenue, then ¾ mile south. Stettin Drive also can be taken to 120th Avenue, then ¼ mile north. Or take Hwy 29 West from Wausau to County Road O, then 2 1/2miles north to Stettin Drive and turn West or Hwy 29 East from Marathon to Highway 107 North, then 4 miles East on Stettin Drive to 120th Ave.


  • Our History

  • The church’s roots can be traced back to 1856, when German descendents in the town of Stettin began gathering in each other homes for worship services. The Evanelischen Lutherische Dreienigkeits Germeinde in the Town of Stettin was formally organized on March 2nd, 1862. The congregation was incorporated on September 26th, 1863 with the name Evangelical Lutheran Church of the Holy Trinity. A 48’ x 36’ frame building was erected in 1866. On New Years Day 1879, the church caught fire from a stove left unattended after the morning service. That same year, a new church was built and dedicated. A parsonage and schoolhouse were then constructed. In the early 1950’s the church was moved across the road and the constitution was rewritten in English. The church’s official name was changed to Trinity Evangelical Lutheran Church in 1980. Several updates and renovations have been made over the years, including a new steeple, an elevator and a carport. Trinity has been very blessed over the years and looks forward to the years to come.